Moving on.
Contrary to what 90s grunge and Holden Caulfield will have you believe, there are delightful, goofy, happy things in the universe. One such thing is this:
The Cooper's Hill Cheese-Rolling and Wake

Yes, cheese rolling down a hill followed by men and women rolling down a hill after the cheese. Picture courtesy of Boston.com, AP Photo/Barry Batchelor/PA Wire, so back off.
See the rest of the images of people taking humorously horrible dirt biffs here:
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/05/coopers_hill_cheeserolling.html
After viewing these, I thought my life a tad improved, as it was an enjoyable personal discovery and an online adventure definitely worth a chuckle or two. Thusly, I planned to go about my days thinking back fondly on these frozen moments and most likely never stumbling upon this Cheese Rolling fiasco again.
Then THIS MORNING happened. The Maccabees, a UK band I heard once on WFNX's only decent radio show, a band who sadly never comes to the states, a band that now I am clearly only trumpeting to boost my own cred (if such a thing at 28 exists anymore), blasted an email out to their email list with an announcement of their new video, a DOCUMENTARY on the CHEESE ROLLING COMPETITION. It's goofy, fun, heroic and best of all, puts actual motion to the absurdity one viewed above.
Strange connections. Happy Friday indeed.
1 comment:
1. I loved that.
2. Nope, no such thing as 'cred' at a self respecting 28, so take it easy :)
3. You're writing! Yay Ryan Petti!
Post a Comment