Wednesday, November 5, 2008

An open letter addressed solely to Samuel Beam

Hey Sam, what's happening?

So first thing, love the new album. Just great. Can't say that I bought it, you know, with money, but I totally would have if I had any, right? Wouldn't we all? Anyway, love it.

So listen. I've got a project for you. There's this song of yours that I think would be perfect for a film based on a book that I'm writing right now. Resurrection Fern, you've heard it right? Great. So I was thinking if there was anyway you could maybe you know, rerecord it, maybe slow it down a little bit. Like a Such Great Heights type of thing. Keep the slide guitar, that's great, but maybe replace it with something a little less, what's the word, "in your face". But everything else is great, love the lyrics, the melody, it's beautiful. Can the shaker. Too groovy.

I'd say we're looking at a release date around...2032? So you've got plenty of time there Sammy.

So listen, here's my blog if you need any help with anything. Actually you know what? There is one other thing. I'd be happy to offer my services as backup vocals, yeah? I think that would work really well. I'll be around 50 then, so who knows, but let's make that happen.

Great, thanks Beamer. See you in Northampton you crazy motherfucker.

R.W.P.

No comments: