Yes I love technologyWho still quotes Napoleon Dynamite? Me baby, me. Allow me to elucidate.
But not as much as you, you see
But I still love technology
Always and forever
--Kip, Napoleon Dynamite, 2004
I got my first iPod only a few months ago, and even that was only the cheapo 1GB iPod shuffle. It's perfect for running when you're too busy worrying about breathing and that growing pain in your planter's foot to be able to pick a song specifically. When you're meandering around Central Square however, and you absolutely NEED to hear the entirety of The Bends, that's when it falls apart. But that's just the iPod situation. I've had hand me down TVs since I was first allowed one in my own room as a tween. Needless to say my currect model is clumsy, not flat, and sub-low definition. I only got a DVR last year and that only came after pondering the possibility of one for the previous three. Its current state now is much like that of a useless power sucking paper weight, as my account has been closed for months due to lack of interest. My desktop computer is over six years old. It was in such horrendous shape, that an old unneeded lab machine at work was donated to my cause as a replacement and it's twice as fast. I'm a packrat, and as packrats go I'm not a very good one. I have closets full of wires with nothing to attach to them. I have devices stacked inside ziploc bags sealed inside giant rubbermaids that I couldn't sell on ebay if I tried. I have old X-files videos, even though I own every $130 season on DVD that's been released since. Its terrible.
My point was this. I've been on a CD burning spree for the past week and a half, and I just discovered this burning program that let's you overlap tracks, a la iTune's crossfade. I'm not sure how long this particular media miracle has been available, but knowing my delayed reaction to life in general, probably a few years at least. Up until now, if I was feeling like a maniac, I'd try editing myself to try for that perfect fit and it was always a pain. But now it's simple!
So look out, because you may at any point in the near future receive a mix CD from me that may be impossible to listen to on shuffle. And if anyone wants a continuous 23-track CD of Arcade Fire's Keep the Car Running, I'VE GOT IT.
People still listen to CDs right?
2 comments:
Yeah! I love Petti music. I don't know if I ever told you how much I liked the Great Lake Swimmers. Big like!
i heart gls.
fyi, cd on the way. just putting the finishing touches on!
Post a Comment